The “Secret Art” of 4-Word-Long Keyword Phrases for Etsy Sellers
Leonardo Da Vinci combined the secrets of good art and science together in his works. Keyword selection is part art and part science. Enjoy these tips… Regards, Jason
Focus on keyword phrases that are 4 words long or less.
“Extra” keywords sandwiched in between the “good” keyword don’t really help. Titles need consecutive word order to exactly match customer searches. Good titles come first – then write your tags. An awesome 4 word phrase at the beginning of the title is a huge listing booster! Then, create tags that mirror/parallel the title. Example Title: “Sterling Silver Cross Necklace” Example Tags: “Sterling Silver”, “Silver Cross”, “Cross Necklace” etc.
Even if you have 4 good keywords – they need to be in the optimal order.
Some 4 word long keyword phrases are winners – others are losers. Only use the winners. The 4 word phrase “Sterling Silver Cross Necklace” will rank for “Sterling Silver Cross Necklace”, “Sterling Silver Cross”, “Silver Cross Necklace”, “Sterling Silver”, “Silver Cross”, “Cross Necklace”, “Sterling”, “Silver”, “Cross”, and “Necklace”. Not all 4 word phrases are created equal…
Never confuse “engagement” with true search demand. Don’t only use high search demand or low “competition” by itself to choose your keyword phrases. Similar to your high-school economics class, optimal keyword selections are where search demand meets search supply in a favorable ratio. It’s typical to find keyword phrases that are 50 to 200 times better than other keyword phrases, so make sure you’re not wasting your time on losers. Finding those types of keyword phrases that place you in front of more opportunity for sales is a way to win more sales and gain shop momentum.
How do I know which 4 word long keyword phrases are best for my shop/products?
The Keyword Tool for Etsy Sellers empowers you to easily select optimal 4-word, 3-word, and 2-word long keyword phrases.
You can now put keywords in the optimal order AND choose phrases that have a high opportunity ratio (true higher search demand with lower competition levels).
How the Tool/App Works:
• Type 4 words that describe your product.
• 64 keyword phrase combinations are created automatically.
• Click a button to automatically gather search supply (inventory levels from Etsy).
• Simply paste search demand data from Google’s AdWords: Keyword Planner.
• See the best keyword phrases from 1 of 3 reports to meet your needs (Quick Summary Report, Title Builder Report, or “All The Details” Report)
• Repeat as needed to find your shop’s keyword gold.
• Historical Etsy Searches – A list of 14,000+ keyword phrases that are often searched on Etsy for your personal keyword research needs or identifying new niches of products for your business to design and sell. (These keywords were once provided by Etsy and are no longer available-circa 2014).
• New Keyword Ideas – Take those 64 keyword phrase combinations and let Google help you turn those into 800+ related keyword ideas – viewed from highest monthly search demand to least. Just a few minutes in this report is guaranteed to help you identify new words you might consider using…all referred by the de facto search powerhouse – Google.
• Keyword Dictionary – You should benefit from the keyword research you do for all time – not lose it when you “sign off”. No one remembers all their best keywords to continually use in the future without keeping track of them. When using this keyword tool to research, you can save the winners to keep coming back to them when you are writing new titles. This tool provides long-term benefits for your immediate small efforts.
• Keyword Analysis – Through Etsy’s shop and product stats, you can learn a lot about your current keywords through 5 visuals that are unique to your keywords. Understanding what’s really happening with the keywords “behind the scenes” in your Etsy shop will really be an eye-opening experience.
See how easily you can find optimized 4 keyword long phrases – start using the Keyword Tool for Etsy Sellers today.